BISE Lahore Board Result 2018
Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education, Lahore
Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education (BISE), Lahore Board is the secondary and intermediate education governmental system in Lahore Division. It is located on, 86 Mozang Road, Lahore.
EstablishmentSince the emergence of Pakistan on the map of the world, the examinations related to the Matriculation and Intermediate level (First year and Second year) were conducted under the support of University of the Punjab. However, through the official announcement of the Punjab University Act (Amendment) Ordinance 1954, the “Board of Secondary Education, Punjab” was established in the province which took control of examinations of Secondary, Intermediate and Pakistani & Classical Languages from University of Punjab. The first-ever examination for these stages was conducted in the year 1955.
BISE Lahore Board Result 2018 www.biselahore.com
JurisdictionAt the time of its inception in 1954, the Board inherited vast territorial jurisdictions for conducting examinations in the provinces of Punjab, Baluchistan, Azad Kashmir and Northern Areas. To accommodate overseas candidates, the Board also established examination centers at Kuwait and Nairobi (Kenya). Current jurisdiction of the Board of Intermediate & Secondary Education Lahore has been confined to the districts of Lahore, Kasur, Okara, Sheikhupura and Nankana Sahib.
Administrative Structure of BoardThe Chairman exercises control over the office of the Board as its principal executive and academic officer and also is in charge over the meetings of the Board. He is also assisted by two officers of the Board, namely the Secretary and the Controller of Examinations, in administrative matters as well as those related to examinations.
Vision Statement“To promote the cause of education through conducting examinations in an extremely fair, unbiased, transparent & judicious environment so that our educated nationals may be able to contribute meaningfully in the competitive world.”
Constitution of BoardAccording to Clause 5 of the Act, the Governing Body controlling the whole affairs of the office is called the ‘Board’ which consists of the following members:
- The Chairman.
- The Vice-Chancellor of the University, or a University Professor nominated by him.
- All Executive District Officers (Education) related to the area within the jurisdiction of the Board.
- The Director of Technical Education, Punjab, Lahore or his nominee.
- One representative each of the Finance and Education Departments not below the rank of a Deputy Secretary.
- One Principal of a Degree College situated within the jurisdiction of the Board to be nominated by the Controlling Authority.
- One Principal of an Intermediate College situated within the jurisdiction of the Board to be nominated by the Controlling Authority.
- Two Headmasters and one Headmistress of Schools situated within the jurisdiction of the Board to be nominated by the Controlling Authority.
- Two persons nominated by the Controlling Authority from among scholars and retired educationists.