Baluchistan Education Report

Baluchistan is most affected province in terms of education as in illiteracy ranking it tops the ranking within Pakistan. The schools are not enough, funds are less and bureaucratic circles did not perform well. The feudal lords sometimes blamed for this menace. Some calls the culture and customs that did not allow especially the girl to go to school for education. The largest number of out of school children is also in Baluchistan. The insurgent greatly affected the social output of the people. In a recent report published on Baluchistan education, it is estimated that 80 % of secondary school age children never see the school while the other 20 % appeared in the matric exams.

They report also says that 90 % of the students, who appear in the exams normally pass the matric exam. The report showed that girls performed better in the exams than boys. Enrollment in school is rising especially in terms of girl enrollment. However, 90 % pass but half of them pass with C or below grade. In last 14 years, the number of female candidates appearing in the matric exam increases up to 193%.  Well! The male participation increased up to 53 %.

Report also said that 71 % of the candidates come from public sector school and 26 % from private schools.

This was the first time, when 37000 results of some previous years are analyzed. The board of intermediate and secondary education Baluchistan needs appreciation for its bold step of showing the data to the report making bodies.

Mr. Sami Khan, who prepared the report said on the launching ceremony that this repost does not only show the matric students performance but the state of the education overall in the province. These reports can work as an essential ingredient in the development of policy in any education sector.

Another speaker in the launching ceremony, Dr. Shama Ishaq Baloch, MPA of National Party said that Baluchistan government places education in its priority. The federal government role is needed here to perform a census to determine the true number of out of school children and their strength school wise.

Check PEC 5th Class Result 2017 Online by Entering Your Roll Number Here

The report is prepared by the help of Society for Community Strengthening and Promotion of Education, Baluchistan (SCSPEB), BISE Baluchistan and secondary education department. During the preparation, different government bodies and private organization working for education also shared their experiences with the report makers.

The government needs to understand the true nature of baloch culture in regard of any education effort. The role of local bodies is crucial here.


Post a Comment

If you have any questions or want to share your opinions or views on any news , feel free to write us in the comment box.